Wednesday, January 2, 2019

New Year, not quite new me (yet!)

Happy New Year, y'all! We made it to 2019!

OK so the first two days of the year have not gone according to plan, but I can't say I necessarily expected them to.

I am not the kind of person who thinks a brand new way of life will magically happen when the clock strikes midnight on a new year. Just like any other holiday weekend, I ended up with a lot of leftovers, some better than others. At least all is homemade, but still chicken tetrazzini is objectively not as healthy as vegetable soup.

Just as I am not the person who thinks life changes Jan. 1, I am also not the person who likes to waste food. That being said, I am just trying to eat the worst (unhealthiest) leftovers first as kind of a transition.

I am using these leftovers to my advantage, though. Later this week once the rain clears out and while I still have these leftovers, I'm going to head to the grocery store to get ingredients to meal prep without the pressure of needing to use any of those ingredients for the same night's dinner.

As I mentioned in my previous post, sleep is also going to be a priority of this, and that has also been less than perfect. I, of course, stayed up way past midnight New Year's Day and then also the night after I did the same trying to take down Christmas decorations.

The one big thing that happened New Year's Eve is I got a stationary bike. That means I no longer have an excuse to not exercise and hopefully I can develop a routine that involves a gym/class some days and my apartment other days.

My thinking also is with a bike, I can get on and ride while watching TV or a movie instead of sitting on my couch.

I'll give an update once I go to the store (probably on Friday) and try my hand at my first recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment