Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Almost a month later...was

So, I did warn y'all that keeping up this blog would be a challenge. Almost a month later I'm finally finishing a post that I started only about two weeks ago. Eery time I would think about making a new post, but I would either turn around and forget or have the thought at a time when I couldn't post the update.

Anyways, I have been following my meal plan, and with that alone have lost three pounds. Is it impressive? No, but at least it shows movement in the right direction.

Since my last post, though, I did get a stationary bike, and I am trying to use that more regularly. I have found out that I can actually make something in the kitchen.



I have had a few "cheat days," but I have done my best to limit those cheats to one meal per week.

One was when I visited Kilgore for the annual Texas Two-Step fundraiser and the other was the other day when I hosted a "Rent" themed dinner to watch the Fox presentation.

I found through the meal plan that the key is to remain full throughout the day to avoid cravings or overeating. Luckily, the meal plan includes food I enjoy, like oatmeal, eggs (whole and egg whites), yogurt, chicken, turkey, salmon and spinach. While I can cook oatmeal, eggs, chicken and turkey at home, I have relied on H-E-B and Red Lobster some to make sure my salmon is cooked properly.

When it comes to sweets, I have tried to keep the mini individually-wrapped Hershey's chocolates so I can have just a taste of sweets without opening an entire candy bar or anything like that.

I have yet to give up milk completely, but I have started to use almond milk in my oatmeal and coconut milk in my tea. It's small changes, but I hope it does something.

Now, if I can get my sleep schedule down to workout in the mornings, I'm sure the progress will be a bit faster.

Outside of my resolution, I have started watching "Downton Abbey" finally. I know I'm a few years late, but I have gotten sucked into it. I wanted to watch before the movie comes out in September, and I'm pretty sure I will have it done well before then and probably even before March.

I'm hoping I can do better from now on in updating these posts. (I know, I said that once before.)

Here are a few of my food selections so far. Not too bad if I must say so.



Salmon w/ homemade tartar sauce and a side of spinach 
Southwest turkey patties w/ sautéed spinach and onions.
(Avocados were in the empty section of the box.) 
Oatmeal w/ cinnamon, eggs/egg whites w/ avocado


No comments:

Post a Comment